All beginner farmers are eligible and welcome to enroll in the program. The program is designed for those farmers with less than 10 years of farming experience and are looking to start a small operation or expand an existing small farm.
MORE TO IT
This program will help participants build skills through 9 months of farmer-led training and networking. It seeks to promote healthy yet practical farming technique training through farmer-led classroom sessions, on-farm tours, workshops, hands-on
field training, farm-related events, and conferences and an extensive farmer network that will help participants on their journey to starting or building a profitable and sustainable operation. Students do not need to own land but some farming or production experience or
knowledge is required to get the most out of the program. All beginner farmers are eligible for the program.
1. Small Farm Business Planning
2. Vegetable Production- Classroom Training
3. Hands-on Production – Field Training with Program Partners
Whole Farm Planning Coursework
Curriculum designed at a beginning to intermediate level to guide beginning farmers in developing a whole farm plan.
- Networking and Educational Resources:
A network of educators, organizers, and agricultural service providers ready to connect with and build the capacity of new and beginning farmers as they plan and develop their farm.
- Webinars, Workshops, and Farmer Videos:
Online and in-person educational opportunities encompassing a wide range of start-up topics, formats, and resources for beginning farmers and ranchers.
- Farmer-to-farmer Mentoring: Opportunities for new farmers to connect with and learn from peers and experienced farmers in their community.